5 Key Benefits of Building with Wood
Wood is an important material for all types of building construction and modular building construction is no different. While there are several alternatives to wood building materials in modular construction, wood still is the most common material used in most modular buildings.
What are the benefits of building with wood?
- As an insulator, wood helps control energy loss. It also reduces the risk of electrical shocks.
- When wood dries it gets stronger.
- Wood is sustainable, because trees can be replanted replacing those that have been harvested for lumber.
- When a building has reached the end of its useful life, wood can be recycled for reuse or repurposing. Even when it is discarded wood is biodegradable eliminating its overall long-term impact on the environment.
- Its toxin level is extremely low.
Bonus Benefit. Wood is easy to build with because it is easy to manipulate its shape and size with little effort.
What are common uses for wood in modular buildings?
- Roof trusses
- Floor trusses
- Wall framing
- Engineered glue-laminated beams
- OSB (oriented strand board)
- Composite panels
- Exterior wall panels
Modular buildings built with wood are most commonly constructed as single story structures but can be engineered and constructed to rise several stories. If you are wondering whether a modular building built with wood is right for you, our experts can help. Request a Quote or call 877.438.8627 for more information, alternatively view our blog.